Frequently Asked Question's
Do your animals receive any antibiotics or hormones?
· Our animals do not receive and antibiotics or hormones at any
point in their lives.
Do your animals
receive any grain?
· Our beef receives only grass
· Our pork and laying hens receive grass, as well as a mixture of
field peas, and certified organic oats
What is the difference
between free range pasture raised and conventional beef? Growing conditions
· Our beef has the ability to roam around the farm free whenever
they please. With constant access to pasture or hay, the animals live a free
and happy life, allowing them to grow at their own pace. Whereas conventional beef
often consists of crowded barns and a constant corn/soybean ration as feed.
What is free range
pasture raised pork?
· Our pork is raised to the same standards as our beef. Free roam,
access to the outdoors whenever they would like, night or day!
Is your chicken
· Yes our meat chickens are certified organic.
Does your bacon
· Our bacon does contain nitrates. These nitrates come from the
salt that is used to cure the bacon. HOWEVERthe salt used is 99% salt, and 1% sodium
nitrate. Our butcher Aaron explained this nitrate content to us like this:
There is more nitrates in 2-3 sticks of celery then there is in our
Can I order whole and
· Yes you are welcome to order whole and half animals around our
times of butchering. For butchering information as well as pricing feel free to
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (905) 616 – 4233
Do you deliver?
· Yes we deliver to the majority of Ontario!
Can I pick up at the
· Yes you are welcome to come and pickup your order at the farm
whenever you please. Your welcome to a farm tour while your here as well!
Do you wholesale?
· Yes we do wholesale to buyers who meet certain wholesale
criteria, please contact us for more information.
Where are your animals
· Our animals are butchered at a local butcher shop named Jmar
Meats, in Mount Forest Ontario.
Can I can order custom
· Yes you are able to customize any aspect of how your meat is
cut, as long as your order is placed around the time of butchering.
How is the meat
packaged and sold?
· Individual vacuum packed, labeled and frozen by the butcher.
Maintains freshness, avoids freezer burn and is easy to identify and use
Are the animals
processed in a certified facility?
· Yes, our animals are processed in a provincially inspected
facility, allowing us to sell our meat anywhere in Ontario.
What breed of pork do
· Our pork is a heritage breed known as Berkshire Pork.
Why buy local – Why
buy local – know your farmer, visit the farm, buy direct.
· We believe that transparency is key when buying your food. By
buying your meat from us, your local farmer, you are able to ask any
questions you would like, and observe any part of the production process when
you please. We ensure nothing but the highest quality meat, raised in a humane,
healthy, ethical way.
Does free range
pasture raised taste different?
· Yes the meat is leaner and richer in flavour. The first thing
you will notice about free range pasture raised is how much more flavourful the
meat is. Bar-B-Que’s, stews, roasts and soups have so much more flavour because
the meat is grown slowly in a friendly relaxed environment.
Animal well being?
· With freedom to roam and more space per animal, animals
are happier and healthier.
How is the sausage
· The sausage is made with Arrowheads own recipe by the
butcher in a certified and inspected facility for freshness and quality. You
will find the sausage leaner with little shrinkage in 4 great flavours
(regular, garlic, honey garlic and smoked).