Do your animals receive any antibiotics or hormones?
· Our animals in this program do not receive any antibiotics or hormones at any point in their lives. If an animal needs antibiotic therapy we will administer it, the animal is then traced and goes into the conventional food markets.
Do your animals receive any grain?
· Our beef receives only grass, carrots, and fruits
· Our pork and laying hens receive grass, as well as a mixture of field peas, barley, spelt, and oats
What is the difference between free range pasture raised and conventional beef Growing conditions?
· Our beef has the ability to roam around the farm free whenever they please. With constant access to pasture or hay, the animals live a free and happy life, allowing them to grow at their own pace. Whereas conventional beef often consists of crowded barns and a constant corn/soybean ration as feed.
What is free range pasture raised pork?
· Our pork is raised to the same standards as our beef. Free roam, access to the outdoors whenever they would like, night or day!
Is your chicken certified organic or nonGMO?
· Our meat chickens are nonGMO.
Does your bacon contain nitrates?
· Our bacon does contain nitrates. These nitrates come from the salt that is used to cure the bacon. HOWEVER the salt used is 99% salt, and 1% sodium nitrate. Our butcher Aaron explained this nitrate content to us like this: There is more nitrates in 2-3 sticks of celery then there is in our bacon!
Can I order whole and half animals?
· Yes you are welcome to order whole and half animals around our times of butchering. For butchering information as well as pricing feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 292-9284
Do you deliver?
· Yes we deliver to the majority of Ontario!
Can I pick up at the farm?
· Yes you are welcome to come and pickup your order at the farm. If you choose pick up at the farm we will work with you to arrange a time that works. Your welcome to a farm tour while your here as well!
Do you wholesale?
· Yes we do wholesale to buyers who meet certain wholesale criteria, please contact us for more information.
Where are your animals butchered?
· Our animals are butchered at a local butcher shop named Jmar Meats, in Mount Forest Ontario, and Parker Meats in Parker Ontario.
Can I can order custom cut meat?
· Yes you are able to customize any aspect of how your meat is cut, as long as your order is placed around the time of butchering.
How is the meat packaged and sold?
· Individual vacuum packed, labeled and frozen by the butcher. Maintains freshness, avoids freezer burn and is easy to identify and use
Are the animals processed in a certified facility?
· Yes, our animals are processed in a provincially inspected facility, allowing us to sell our meat anywhere in Ontario.
What breed of pork do you raise?
· Our pork is a heritage breed known as Berkshire Pork.
Why buy local – Why buy local – know your farmer, visit the farm, buy direct.
· We believe that transparency is key when buying your food. By buying your meat from us, your local farmer, you are able to ask any questions you would like, and observe any part of the production process when you please. We ensure nothing but the highest quality meat, raised in a humane, healthy, ethical way.
Does free range pasture raised taste different?
· Yes the meat is leaner and richer in flavour. The first thing you will notice about free range pasture raised is how much more flavourful the meat is. Bar-B-Que’s, stews, roasts and soups have so much more flavour because the meat is grown slowly in a friendly relaxed environment.
Animal well being?
· With freedom to roam and more space per animal, animals are happier and healthier.
How is the sausage made?
· The sausage is made with Arrowheads own recipe by the butcher in a certified and inspected facility for freshness and quality. You will find the sausage leaner with little shrinkage in 4 great flavours (regular, garlic, honey garlic and smoked).